2 cups GF flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter
1 beaten egg
2/3 cup milk
- In a bowl, stir together sugar, flour and baking powder.
- Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine the egg and milk, and add it to the dry ingredients.
- Stir just enough to fully moisten dough.
- Spread batter into a greased eight-inch round baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 450-degree oven for 18 minutes. (Check to make sure it's done by inserting a wooden toothpick. It should come out clean.)