Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday Foto: Honey-Mustard Chicken and Green Apple Salad

Welcome to the second installment of the Friday Foto! Today's pic is of honey-mustard chicken and green apple salad. The inspiration for the dish came from a business trip to Stowe, Vermont. I had a lunch with colleagues at a popular local pizzeria, and finding something I could safely eat took me to the salad section of the menu...where I found a delightful honey-mustard chicken salad. We've since come up with our own marinade for the chicken (and a corresponding honey-mustard vinaigrette for the lettuce). Plus we've added some green apple slices and lightly toasted pecans. Divine!

Have a great weekend, and cook something tasty.

- Pete

2 comments:

GFE--gluten free easily said...

Pete--That's one gorgeous meal. So fresh and appealing and gluten free naturally. These Friday photos (sorry, the English lover in me can't say it the other way LOL) are such a treat for the eyes and the imagination ... imagining just how good they are and what the exact ingredients might be. ;-)

peterbronski said...

Sorry to "offend" with my Foto spelling. The writer in me debated about going that route, but in the end I took the plunge. =) The chicken marinade is really simple - equal parts honey and stone ground mustard, scaled up or down according to how many chicken breasts you're making. As you'd say...it's a naturally gluten-free (and a GFE) solution! =)

Cheers, Pete