Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Worth the Weight

I'm keeping today's post short and sweet, primarily because it's about an important update to an older post. Many of you have been asking us about baking by weight with the Artisan Gluten-Free Flour Blend. Well, we finally pulled the trigger on a digital kitchen scale, and at long last, I'm happy report I've updated the recipe. You'll find information for mixing up the blend by weight, and for baking with the blend by weight.  (You'll also find all the old info about mixing and baking with the blend by cup measure.)

To celebrate (heck, we'll use any excuse) we're doing a giveaway. Following our review of the Evol Bowls, the company unexpectedly sent us a little "care package" to say thanks for the review. Well, that's against No Gluten, No Problem product review policy, so as per usual, we're passing the goodies along to you! This time around, we'll pick five (5) winners. Each winner will receive a coupon for one free Evol Bowl, redeemable anywhere they're sold. And one of those five lucky winners will also receive an Evol T-shirt. Email me to enter, and include "Evol Giveaway" in the subject line. I'll accept entries through midnight Eastern time Sunday, and announce the winners Monday next week. Good luck!

- Pete

4 comments:

Amanda on Maui said...

Oh no! I just measured out a ton of flour the old way with the cups. Oh well, next time I'll get to do it by weight. There's a giant jar of your flour, and Simply Sugar and Gluten Free's flour in my fridge.

Jessica said...

I recently bought a digital kitchen scale and have been having fun using it for my GF baking. When my husband saw me trying to convert the amounts in your flour blend to grams, he got an idea for an online flour converter. It's available here if anyone is interested: http://www.jasonrobertdavis.net/gfc.php

peterbronski said...

Hi Jessica... Thanks for sharing the link. It didn't work for me. Is it just my computer, or are other people having problems opening the web page?

Cheers, Pete

Jessica said...

Sorry about that, Pete. It should work now!